Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday morning thoughts

I'm doing my usual morning routine, checking my e-mail, my newsgroups and forums, and ad campaigns. Ambling around the internet while I drink my one cup of coffee for the day.

I will be going to the studio later today, to meet someone about doing some shows in December.

What is on my mind though, is the e-mail I just got from my mother. My father is going to Houston to see the cardiac surgeon again. He's 71, and his health has been breaking down for some time.

The first thing I think of is the fact that my mother only e-mails me when something is bad. She is an amazingly discouraging person. The only way I could make any headway on my own anxieties and depressions was to stop talking to her on the phone. E-mail only.

So, I wonder, how bad is this? Is it a routine checkup, or should I be shopping for a black dress?
All she sent was a note that they were going (it's a four hour drive from where they live, unless my mother is driving, then it's six) and that she would let me know more later.

I replied, asking for more details, but I don't expect a response for several days.

I suppose I could e-mail my brother, and see if he knows anything.

...but that would only encourage him to send me more of his religious ranting.

The real problem is that I don't know if I [i]care[/i] any more. Let's just say that my father and I never got along.

I guess I will continue with my morning routine, go to the studio, and do my business, and see what happens.

No comments: