Sunday, November 10, 2019

.

First, the source of the question.

part one: I complained to my eye doctor about a twitching eyelid.  She asked If there was any pain, and I told her there wasn't.   Examining my eye, she found an eyelash growing downward, scraping across the surface of my eye, causing ulceration and scarring.  She plucked the hair out.  I would have sworn I was not feeling pain, but I felt the relief immensely.  

Part two: I have been diagnosed for years with depression, the symptoms being crying randomly, and lack of motivation or physical activity.

The Question:  I am aware that emotional issues can manifest as physical pain, is it possible for that to work the other way?

In other words, is it possible that my "depression" is actually physical pain from something I am percieving as a mere annoyance, like the eyelash? 


.





No comments: