Monday, October 16, 2017

I swear the Smith's I shop at is on the edge of another dimension or something. 

For instance,  I can always find a parking place near the door and a cart corral, even when they're busy.  They always have one or two marked down jars of gefilte fish on the clearance shelves, although I have never seen a new jar anywhere on the regular shelves.  Little things like that.

Today this happened.

I heard people talking in the next aisle.  Voice 1 sounded like an older woman.  Voice 2 sounded like a teen or twenty something guy.  Voice 3 sounded like a middle aged woman.

Voice1:  Oh, hello there!
Voice 2: Umh... hi...
Voice 3: Who was that?
Voice1: He's one of my pupils.
Voice3: *laughs* Is that where the scar came from?
Voice 1:  Yes, it is.

I decided I really wanted to see these people, and maybe talk to them.  By the time I got to the end of the aisle, there was nobody there but a man stocking cans of corned beef hash.  He looked too old to be Voice2, but who knows?  So, I asked him where the Gefilte fish is.  He told me they don't carry it.

He wasn't Voice 2. 

No comments: