Sunday, January 5, 2014

To a Creationist, or Bible Literalist


I am not an Atheist.  I just think God is a helluva lot bigger than you do.

I believe that something that might be called "God" is the author of a universe potentially infinite, and billions of years old.

A universe so amazingly beyond our ability to completely understand that we are still learning new things about our little corner of it.

You think one Book describes Everything?  I think that thousands of books just barely start to describe Everything.

I also believe this Godness doesn't care one way or another about Faith or the lack thereof. We are not in a position to harm it in any way.

All that can happen if we retreat into your cramped cave of small faith is that we will make ourselves miserable, and miss out on being part of the grandeur.


.

No comments: